December 28, 2011

cowichans for tiny tots

So, the 'losing my mind by deciding to knit two sweaters a week before Christmas' comment had to do with these.....I figured they wouldn't take long since they're bulky weight and for small guys. 

Pattern:  White Buffalo Tiny Tot's Sweater and Toque
Yarn: Briggs and Little Country Roving in 'black', 'white' and 'dark grey' for the larger sweater and in 'sheep's brown', 'white' and 'medium brown' for the smaller one  



A size 6 for my niece's older son



And a size 2 for his little brother

They were fast and fun to knit. The only mishap was buying the zippers before I started because I overshot the length for the bigger one by just over an inch so when I went to sew it in on Sunday night I couldn't. I dug out all the zippers in my stash. Then I dumped out all my wooden buttons, but had nothing useful. So I had to wait until the fabric store opened at noon the next day to rush there while simultaneously getting ready for a big family party. Happily, the zipper got in and they got their sweaters in time. I hope they keep them toasty.

I should also mention that my Expectation pattern that was downloadable from Sanguine Gryphon is temporarily unavailable because Sanguine Gryphon is no longer in existence as of the end of this month. Sarah and Gryphon are re-opening as two separate yarn companies in the next few weeks, so the patterns' rights reverted back to the designers. I need to re-knit and re-format, so it will be a few weeks before I can get it up again.

Hope your week is going well.

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine what the kids would look like in those jackets. Far too cute to be allowed, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two sweaters are completely adorable! I bet the boys look so cute wearing them! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good auntie to make those sweaters! Lucky little lads! You continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete