January 2, 2012

first FO of 2012

Happy new year! I hope 2012 brings you much in the way of good things.

I have some resolutions, including finally finishing up several projects that have been lying around here for far too long. The following is a good example, started about a year ago for my sweetie. It's the Cambridge Jacket by Ann Budd, in Cascade 220 Heathers colour #2425. I don't usually match the called-for yarn and colour exactly, but I really liked the heathery burnt orange of this one.



I made many mods to this pattern, including lengthening the body and sleeves and working the sleeves from the top down using short row cap shaping. I'm happy I did because it allowed me to fine tune the length several times. I also skipped the crochet chain edging in the pattern (because many Ravelers said theirs rolled up continuously) and did hemmed cuffs on the sleeves and body with a grey contrast lining.


I like the bit of weight this gives the bottom and grey and orange are a favourite combo of mine. I think I'm also growing fond of zippered cardigans.

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweater and the fit is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, this is FABULOUS. I love it -- hope he does, too! That turned hem and contrast grey is super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really handsome sweater! How did I never notice this one before?! I love the color, and your mods. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is amazing! I would have went for it also. Our guys do love something made just for them every once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The hemmed cuffs in the contrast make it that much better! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mods, great color, great cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks grogeous Very masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so good on him. Gorgeous cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My jaw is on the floor and I am in the process of picking it back up!!! That is gorgeous, you are so talented. I really love the offset grey in the cuff, that, in my view adds a great touch. Happy New year and best wishes in 2012...and happy knitting :) I am almost finished my first pair of socks in two years!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome jacket!! That guy is one lucky guy, I hope he was appropriately thankful.

    ReplyDelete