January 23, 2012

variance



Pattern: Variance by Lisa Mutch
Yarn: dk weight 2-ply yarn I spun from NorthboundKnitting Superwash BFL roving in 'Wicked Witch of the North' colourway

The NorthboundKnitting group on Ravelry is having a knit-along and I couldn't resist using this gorgeous yarn I spun last fall from Lisa's fibre. I love these colours and her wonderful cowl pattern is a perfect vehicle to use handspun yarn to its best advantage. It even wraps twice around your neck for maximum warmth. Love. Love. Love.

3 comments:

  1. I so agree that the yarn is gorgeous! Beautiful colors! I would be in love with it also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is fabulous. It even *looks* warm, and the colours are super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that transformation that happens to the colors between roving, spinning, and knitting. I don't think I could have predicted it at all, though I'm sure that experienced spinners could. Lovely cowl.

    ReplyDelete