January 21, 2012

more julia


Now that the holiday knitting season has passed I've reverted back to my old habits of working on too many projects at once. Bad me. So I'm trying to finish up several smaller things this week to check off my list while I work on the above obsession. The body's now done save for blocking and doing the embroidery bits on the row of flowers. You can see how it's a basic tube with steeked sleeve openings and neck. No shoulder shaping, either. Even though it's fair isle, the worsted weight means it's knitting up super fast.

It's crazy cold and we've all been sick this week, but the upside is it's fantastic knitting time. Stay warm, peeps.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, stay warm, and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweater's colours make me happy just looking at it. Feel better, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to make a few things from the two books I have from Kristen. I just love all the colors! I love all of your fair isle work Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats beautiful! thanks for the comment over on my end and the rec for the lendrum. who knows, maybe i can come home with one in may!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you're working on ... it's truly stunning! I just blogged today about having too many WIPs on my needles, too, but nothing as exciting as yours.

    ReplyDelete