March 6, 2011

fibre.yarn.idea.


I've been spinning. And charting. And notemaking. A bit of knitting.


This is some wonderful Old Maiden Aunt superwash merino in 'Crest of the Wave'. 100 grams spun into about 260 yds. of sport weight 2-ply. I'm thinking about combining it with some solid teal yarn I have - maybe in the yoke of a cardigan?


This is part of 16oz of Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino in 'Touch Me'. It came to about 644 yds. of worsted weight 3-ply. My daughter has drawn up what she wants me to make with it for her. I have another 16oz I can spin if I need it.

More tree charting. This is a bit of a(n) preoccupation (obsession).

happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue and red yarn you spun. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I just adore that barberpole look you can get with handspun yarn.

    ReplyDelete