March 29, 2011

expectation



Pattern: Expectation (mine)
Yarn: Sanguine Gryphon 'Eidos' in Zeus and Thales

I am really happy to finally show you this cardigan I was working on a few months ago. It's in the new Sanguine Gryphon collection of patterns for spring and it's the first time I've been published by someone other than myself, so I'm pretty excited. I took very few photos of it back in January before entrusting it to the postal gods, but you can see their lovely photos at the link above. They always have inspirational themes for their calls. When I was in Fine Arts, one of my favourite periods was Art Nouveau - the theme for this collection.

Gustav Klimt's Stoclet Frieze paintings inspired the curvilinear colourwork in this sweater. The paintings are 'Expectation', the 'Tree of Life' and 'Fulfillment' - the 'Expectation' portion is the female figure on the left.


The talented people at Sanguine Gryphon were really wonderful to work with and their yarns are amazing. They also donate regularly to Heifer International - an organization which provides animals to families in need worldwide and they're also donating 50% of all pattern sales until April 15th to the Red Cross for aid to Japan.

My kids are on spring break, so we're having fun relaxing this week. They're riding their scooters on the still-ice-encrusted sidewalk, hoping to encourage the warmer weather to arrive. I can't post photos of plants sprouting out of the ground like many of you have, but we did roast hotdogs and marshmallows and spend 3 hours outside yesterday afternoon, so that's not bad.

Happy Tuesday. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, how exciting! It's a beautiful cardigan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous pattern Chris - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH-mazing!!! Adore the graduating curlicues, they definitely echo Klimt's painting nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the golden shifting hues and the swirl pattern. Really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google puts special doodle for Gustav Klimt's 150th birthday.

    ReplyDelete