April 13, 2010

Seeds


The Seeds hat is tested and the pattern is for sale (see sidebar). Thanks so much to my test knitters for your help! I very much appreciate it.

This is a stranded hat with some extra length and hemmed edge for extra warmth around the ears. I don't know about you, but when it's -40 degrees celsius I don't like to have cold ears.

Yarn: Dale of Norway / Dalegarn Heilo, one skein (109 yds) each of two colours (purples) and about half a skein (55 yds) of a third (green)
Gauge: 24 sts / 4"
Finished Size: about 21" head circumference

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I haven't ventured into the world of making designs with my knitting (yet). I tried it once though - all the yarn wrapped around itself in a massive mess at the back....maybe I'm not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful design! And I just love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great hat! love it- and that you use Norwegian yarn;-)
    I´ll most surten come back to you´re "place"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try color work! Your hat is lovely!

    ReplyDelete