February 21, 2009

I heart bunnies

Pattern: Sophie by Ysolda
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK

I live in a neighbourhood where real bunnies run free in abundance. My children love to watch them in our yard from the window. I suspect they take winter shelter in the playhouse. I once unearthed a nest of newborns in the garden and quickly re-covered them.

I have knit several bunnies and this is by far my favourite pattern. The ears are floppy and sweet and the limbs widen to make them easier for small hands to hold on to. Ysolda has many wonderful patterns and I have this on needles right now.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!

    I saw a hand made knitted teddy bear at a craft sale once. It was genius - she made little pouches and filled them with rice and inserted them through an opening in the back into their bellies.
    You could remove the pouch, throw it in the microwave and heat it up and insert it back into the teddy bear (or rabbit in your case!) - so a baby or toddler could snuggle up to a warm bear at night.

    ReplyDelete