February 7, 2009

another manly sweater




Pattern: Jarrett (Ravelry) by Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed
The one immediately above was the first version, made last spring. I have since made it again (top 2 photos). It was THAT fun. Same size, slightly different colour, for a different guy.
This yarn is fanTAStic. I would make everything I knit in it if I could somehow make everything from socks to winter scarves in a fragile but beautiful wool and alpaca blend dk weight tweedy yarn.
I find it difficult to find guy patterns at all and then ones I like. Brooklyntweed has improved my chances hugely. He is a knitting god. He made this one and I had to, too.

2 comments:

  1. I need to tell my knitting friends to come here. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater looks great on him!

    ReplyDelete