March 21, 2013

autumn frost 2




Pattern: Autumn Frost Socks by Susi Ferguson
Yarn: St. Denis Boreale in 'Chalk Blue', 'Fjord', 'Black' and 'White'

I started these almost a year ago and got one done before other things took over and they were put down. I want to finish off as many WIPs as possible this year, so two nights ago I grabbed this bag and knocked out the second sock. It's a highly entertaining pattern (I've made them once before about 2 years ago, for my Mom), written by Susi who designs amazing stranded things of all shapes.

This is one of my favourite yarns of all time, and it's very sad that it's discontinued. If you ever get your hands on some I highly recommend it for colourwork, especially.

I've felt really unmotivated about blogging, dyeing, spinning, knitting etc. lately. I suspect it may be this unending winter and the constant flow of low grade flus/colds going around my house. I'm not sure. I hope spring weather and regular running will bring back my mojo and focus. In the meantime, knit on!

1 comment:

  1. The socks are freakin amazing, can't believe you blasted throught the second one so quickly. Knitting mojo is gone indeed!

    ReplyDelete