April 30, 2011

we'll buy a dog named...


Pattern: Seeds
Yarn: Cascade Superwash Sport, colours 900 (dark grey), 1946 (light grey), and 1910 (light teal)

I decided to try out Cascade Sport for stranded projects since I can buy it at my LYS, so I made another of my Seeds hats. I really enjoyed this yarn. One of my beefs with some superwash yarns is their "filminess" of superwash coating. This one doesn't have that. It's lovely and soft instead. I want to make a whole sweater out of this now.

And because I know you are all on the edge of your seats, the name we finally picked for the sweet beastie below is: SOPHIE.

About 2 months ago while my daughter and I were still haunting the humane society every saturday and I knew every adoptable dog in the city by name, my daughter started singing this Backyardigans song over and over again. That made us decide that if we were to ever get a girl dog her name would be Sophie. Then we got this dog and got sidetracked with a million other names until finally circling back.

But it made me laugh when I saw this comment here last week:

Anonymous said...
I'm going to embarrass myself by de-lurking & offering the name that instantly popped into my head: Sophia. Her eyes are calm & wise (but not w/o sass). I love dogs, I hope she's your girl.

Amazing and cool. Happy weekend, peeps.

7 comments:

  1. Sophie's a beauty! And so is your Seeds hat: I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how we do that? I did the same with my Kelsey and my Monty. It's fun! Congratulations, she's such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know about Cascade Spurwash Sport, it's nice to have a yarn that's readily available and knits up nicely. Sophie looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dog named Sophie. She came to me with that name and as I'm sure you will agree, Sophie is the best dog in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww she looks so relaxed and so sweet. Not like when i come for a visit and she barks at me and pees. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete