January 16, 2010

starlight, starbright


Pattern: Starlight, Starbright by Kirsten Jensen
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, colours #117S Winter Blue, #N80S Mountain Purple, and #144S Limestone

So my first FO of the year/decade is this one. As I mentioned, I test knit it for Kirsten and every bit of it was thoroughly enjoyable. I loved the pattern and the yarn and I finally cut my first steek (!). These late-in-the-day photos were all I could do today - I'll see if I can get better ones later. This week has had a constant crazy agenda and I got in very little knitting time or at home time at all. But here it is. And even though it's big on her my daughter loves it (I think you can tell). So do I.

7 comments:

  1. ADORABLE. she is so cute in this! what a fantastic sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder she loves it - wonderful sweater and something she will grow into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, finally a comment from your secret admirer. I have been following your blog for a while but after seeing these photos I had to comment! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple/blue color scheme is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so happy in her new sweater. It looks Great!
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out SO well. It is big on her but quite frankly, any colorwork piece is so time consuming that if you are knitting it for a child, you want her to wear it for a long time. I love the two colors you chose. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete