November 3, 2009

2 mitts are better than 1


Pattern: Deep in the Forest Mittens by Tuulia Salmela
Yarn: Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift, colours 122 Granite and 01 Shetland Black

The bareness of the tree branches outside reminded me that I hadn't yet finished the mate to this mitt I started much too long ago. They're warm and a bit rugged and I love them. The yarn is gorgeous and I can hardly wait to use it again. Actually, I have several projects planned with the other fingering weight shetland yarn (2ply Jumper) - Jamieson and Smith, so I can compare the two. They seem very similar.

Fall. Trees. Mitts. It's all good.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The wooly Jameison is perfect for the bare trees.... hope you get to wear these often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mitts! I love reading about yarns other knitters love so I can go check them out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. these are absolutely stunning, chris! STUNNING. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tthese are beautiful!! Arenn't you glad you finished them in time for winter?! Now, I'd love a pair - so modern and perfect in an urban environment. I'm off to queue another pair of mittens...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mitts -- awesome blog -- you are amazing! K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I'd be afraid of wearing them! I'm not sure I am reading for something that detailed yet. One day. :) Superb job!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, those are awesome!! Thanks for the pattern link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pattern is fantastic! I like your colour and yarn choices a lot! I have these in my queue, I really hope I will actually knit them one day...

    ReplyDelete