August 15, 2009

fair isle cardigan


Pattern: Fair Isle Cardigan (Rav. link) by Debbie Bliss in Family Knits
Size: 4-5 yrs.
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport

This was a LOT of work, but I'm really happy with this, my first fair isle sweater. It calls for wool, but this cotton/modal yarn works very well. It's really soft and drapey. I had so much fun making this (despite days and days spent weaving in ends) I would make it again in wool if not for the fact this is the max. size and I don't feel like sizing it up (she keeps getting bigger). Maybe I'll try a steeked version one day and size it up at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute model! This is unbelievably good - how long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh_my_goodness. so sweet -- and what lovely lovely knitting. i bow to your fair isle skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is fabulous. You did a great job on your first fair isle. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete