March 6, 2009

a shawl



Pattern: Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark in Wrap Style
Yarn: Classic Elite Alpaca Sox in Charcoal bought at Boucle Yarn Studio

Maybe it's the unending grey skies around here, but here's my second charcoal coloured project finished this week (see previous post). Both yarns bought on a beautiful sunny day last July in Fargo. Sigh. It will be July again.

When I picked up this book I instantly fell for this pattern. I love the leafy motif formed by the increases and decreases. This is my first triangular shawl. The final rows tend to crawl along with their hundreds of stitches, just when you really want to finish, but it's a relaxing knit otherwise. I want to cast on for one in another colour immediately, but it will have to wait for a few other things to finish up first.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god, i want one!! is it difficult to knit? i have some experience with some difficult patterns, but not much... and i'd love to get going on a project that i would actually wear (ie. my unfinished summer sweater)

    chantoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it's a good first shawl pattern. It has an easy repeated pattern through most of it, and only a few things to learn. You'll need a 4mm circular needle. Some stitch markers might help you. Let me know if you want the pattern.

    ReplyDelete