July 16, 2012

lightning kerchief



Finally, a FO!

Pattern: Lightning Kerchief by Odessa Reichel
Yarn: my new sock yarn (!) - more deets later

I'm blaming an acute case of startitus, spinning a lot for Tour de Fleece, and being on holidays for the lack of FOs lately here at chez Doodle. I always think I'll have tons of knitting time when I'm not at work, but I think I really have less. Not sure why.

But I'm very happy about finishing this up. Odessa is a designer superstar who I'm so privileged to know personally. This was a fun and easy summer knit. Great for car trip knitting, late night hotel room knitting (is anyone else addicted to Pawn Stars?) and poolside knitting. I probably blocked it huger than necessary, but I was intrigued to see how it would look. I'm going to wear this one a lot.

5 comments:

  1. Love the sheer look to it Chris. The colors you picked for it are great! Yay for a FO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Beautiful colors paired together and it's see through :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ... I would wear this shawl a lot, too!

    ReplyDelete