June 26, 2010

new pattern

Pattern: Ecotone
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy (34% Hemp, 41% Cotton, 25% Modal; 153 yds/140 m per 1.76 oz / 50g skein): 9 (9, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12, 13) skeins. Shown in #040 Olive Drab
Notions: One 1.5” (35mm) button, and two 3/4” (20mm) buttons
Sizes: 36"(38",40",42",44",46",48")

As I had some requests to write up my notes for this, I obliged. The pattern has been tech edited and is now available (see sidebar). The construction is fairly simple and suitable for an intermediate knitter. It's knit in separate pieces and then seamed together. The body pieces are knit flat while the sleeves are knit in the round and set into the body at the end. I-cord finishes the edging.

I've been wearing mine for the last several weeks and find it's a versatile sweater for work or on weekends. The yarn is a wonderful texture and weight for cooler summer days and it drapes beautifully. Hope you like it.

Now to prepare for a certain soon-to-be-six-years-old girl's birthday party tomorrow. We're going to see Toy Story 3. Yay!!

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I still love that sweater! I should think about trying it. :)

    Happy Birthday to your daughter! The big 6!! They grow waaaayyy too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on the pattern and thanks for the recommendation.

    Have fun with the birthday -- we're off to see TS before long ourselves....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of your pattern. Very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your pattern. Looks great. I might have to try it out once I finish some of the things I already have lined up :)

    ReplyDelete