November 21, 2009

replacement hat

Pattern: Turn a Square by Jared Flood
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden and Cascade 220

I made a hat for my friend last year and apparently he really liked it and wore it all the time because when it dropped out of his pocket, unbeknownst to him, at the mall last week and was lost forever, he was very upset. I made him this one to replace it. I've made it once before. It's a quick and easy way to use up bits of lazy yarn you have lying around and Silk Garden is always fun, if a bit annoyingly fragile.

We're going for a walk in the woods today. It's incredibly warm outside and has been for weeks. No snow yet either. I've barely had any excuses to wear my handknits.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. How sad he lost his favorite hat. At least he knows he has a FAB friend that would make a new one to keep him warm.

    Have a great weekend!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete