September 14, 2009

bike hat



Pattern: Bicycle Boy by Ann Weaver
Yarn: Mission Falls 136 merino superwash in charcoal and a sort of yellow-green-which-sounds-hideous-but-is-actually-quite-subtle-and-lovely

Here's one of the hats from the last post. I knew if I shamed myself by posting WIP pics I would sit down and finally finish something. This was fast and easy. It should serve its purpose of keeping him warm whilst cycling.

So, I often have insomnia and I find myself up (too) late knitting. I am thoroughly enjoying these podcasts while I do this. I had heard about this amazing crochet project about global warming and the coral reef, but watching Margaret Wertheim speak about it here is completely riveting.

Brenda Dayne, who started the Cast On site, is also taking part in a really interesting public art project by Antony Gormley called One and Other in which for each hour of a 100 day period someone different does something atop a plinth in Trafalgar Square. She will be knitting.

3 comments:

  1. what a great hat -- i love the subtle colorwork. i intend to blame you for the gorgeous bfl and corriedale that arrived at my house from CMF today...

    and i agree -- LOVE cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat. My husband doesn't cycle but loves winter fishing so maybe I'll knit one up for him. Thanks for the podcast link I'm heading over right now to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a machine!!

    quite impressive

    chantoon.

    ReplyDelete