March 16, 2012

dad socks



Pattern: Alpha Socks by Tanis Lavallee
Yarn: Sanguine Gryphon 'Bugga!' in Rhinorceros Beetle - Bugga! now available at either The Verdant Gryphon or Cephalopod Yarns.

These were supposed to be a Christmas gift for my Dad, but weren't finished in time. Happily, his birthday is only a few months later so, instead, I was unusually prepared for that. They're large on me but I couldn't photograph them on his feet a province away.

The pattern is easy to follow and great travel knitting. The yarn is fantastic. My only problem was that the dark colour meant I was restricted to well-lit locales or else I couldn't see what I was doing. Good socks. Hope he likes them.

I'm home today with the boy (inservice) on this awesome spring day. Laundry, housecleaning, library, dog park. Tea drinking. Knitting. More dyeing. : )

Happy Friday.

3 comments:

  1. lovely. and happy friday indeed! sounds like your day is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds like a perfect day and very lovely socks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks are beautiful and I'm sure he will love them! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete