June 23, 2011

coneflower



Pattern: Coneflower (mine)
Yarn: Viking of Norway Bjork in #568 'Mauve', #567 'Lilac' and #537 'Pea Green'

Finished Chest Size: 22” (23”, 25”, 27”, 29”, 30.5”, 32”)

Size: approx. 1 (2, 4, 6, 8, 10,12) yrs.

Here is the pattern for a child's stranded cardigan I've been working on. I tried to make it as accessible as possible to someone fairly new to stranded work. The pattern repeat is short and easily memorized, the floats are never too long, there's not a lot of shaping, and it only uses two colours throughout most of it.

The body and sleeves are knit in the round from the bottom up and join under the arms. Then you work the raglan yoke to the collar. There's a steek on the centre front, but this is not to be feared. I'm here for you.

I enjoyed working with this yarn and it's a great weight and content (90% cotton/10% merino) for milder temperature days. This was a store sample, but I plan to make another one soon for the girl.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful work, Chris -- as always! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Chris! Another awesome piece of color work from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Pretty and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours! Enjoy your time at the yarn store today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your skills on stranded knitting! So even and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete