March 2, 2013

more monkeys






Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! in 'Adonis Butterfly' (discontinued, but you can still get Bugga! from Cephalopod Yarns and The Verdant Gryphon). 

I've made this pattern once before, and it's fast and fun, so when I needed a birthday gift for a friend last week I grabbed this yarn and got to work. They're lovely, soft and teal, so I couldn't go wrong. I also realized that I've made many many socks in the past few years and only 1 pair for myself, so I may need to remedy that soon.



I also thought I'd mention that I added instructions to my Shadow pattern so you can avoid the scary steek, as I know they're intimidating for many people. It had started its life as a shaping prototype for a stranded cardigan idea (hence the steek) which I never followed up on...then several people asked me for a pattern so I just wrote it as I'd knit it. But I've been meaning to add extra instructions for awhile so now they're in there.

Hope your weekend's going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment