April 7, 2012

another crafty diversion




On Monday night my fabulous friend Odessa taught us how to crochet granny squares. My crochet skills before now have been limited, to say the least. Like limited to chain stitch button loops. Or the first few stitches of an otherwise knit shawl. But I've always wanted to learn more. A lot more. So now I'm on the road.

And trying to ignore the calculation that 1 square @ 4"x4" means I need 18 x 18 = 324 squares for a still-smallish blanket for the girl. She has a double bed. This could be a tv watching blanket instead, I'm thinking.


Hope you have a happy Easter / Passover!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors your granny squares are. You are doing a wonderful job on them. Have a very Happy Easter also Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe.

    I switched to single-colour squares (and some Noro ones, too.) I'm trying not to think about how many I need to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved Granny Squares. The colors you chose are right up my alley! Good job Girl! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete