October 16, 2010

Shadow

Pattern: Shadow (my own)
Yarn: Blue Moon BFL Sport, shown in 'Shadow' colourway
2,(2,2,2,3,3,3,3) skeins); 661 yds/604 m per 8 oz / 226g skein). Actual yardage used: 1075,1150,1200,1300,1400,1550,1700,1800) yds.

To take my mind off the fact I'm not at Rhinebeck, I thought I'd release my Shadow pattern!

It's a lightweight but warm collared cardigan. I've been wearing mine pretty constantly for the past several months and it works in many situations for work or casual wear.

It's knit from the top down in the round with raglan shaping and a steeked front opening. Cuffs are hemmed, and i-cord edges the front opening, forming button loops. Ribbing creates some waist shaping and increases create a slight A-line to the lower body. Link to pattern on the sidebar.

Thanks so much to my tech editor Joeli, and all my fabulous test knitters. You are all very generous and helpful.

Hope you have a great fall weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love this little jacket-sweater Chris ... another great pattern.

    But, oh ... to be at Rhinebeck. Wouldn't that be fabulous?!

    Enjoy your weekend - don't blow away :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Chris! I love the button details. And the color is pretty. I love Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn. It's all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, and I love the details (i-cord button loops, ribbing). One of these days I'll tempt fate and steek (eek!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful, I really love it! Congrats on your new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it!! I'm sorry you didn't get to go to Rhinebeck (me either) but the release of a gorgeous pattern that you designed is definite consolation right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is totally my kind of cardi. Beautiful work. Love that color. I have a very similar color as well in my stash. I am heading to peak at that pattern.

    ReplyDelete